ARTUUR attaches great importance to the protection of your personal data (and that your privacy is respected). In this privacy statement we want to give clear and transparent information about (what data we collect) how we handle personal data. We do everything we can to ensure your privacy and therefore handle personal data carefully. ARTUUR complies in all cases with the applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation.
This means that in all cases we:
• will process your personal data in accordance with the purpose for which it was provided; these purposes and type of personal data are described in this Privacy Statement,
• will limit the processing of your personal data to only such data that is minimally necessary for the purposes for which it is processed,
• will ask for your explicit consent if we need it for the processing of your personal data,
• have taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of your personal data,
• will not transmit personal data to other parties, unless it is necessary to carry out the purposes for which it has been provided,
• are aware of your rights regarding your personal data, will inform you about them and respect them.
As ARTUUR we are responsible for the processing of your personal data. If, after reviewing our privacy statement, or more generally, you have any questions about this or wish to contact us, please do so via the contact details below:
2861 OLV WAVER
VAT: BE 0834 240 679
Why do we process personal data?
Your personal data will be processed by ARTUUR for the following purposes and legal grounds:
• managing your account,
• processing your orders,
• delivering goods and services to you,
• organising after-sales service,
• making the website easily accessible (by means of cookies),
• communication for direct marketing purposes (e.g. a newsletter),
• being able to call or e-mail you if this is necessary to perform our services,
• informing you about changes to our services and products,
• analysing your behaviour on the website in order to improve the website and tailor the range of products and services to your preferences,
• the processing of personal data if we are legally obliged to do so, such as data that we need for our tax returns.
What personal data do we process?
For the above objectives, we may request, collect and process the following personal data from you:
• Personal identity information: surname, first name, address, phone number, e-mail
• History of purchases, outstanding invoices, payment information (to the extent that this relates to natural persons)
• Information about the web pages that an IP address visits
• Data left on our website
We use the collected data only for the purposes for which we obtained the data.
It is not intended that our website and/or service will collect data on website visitors under the age of 16 unless they have permission from parents or guardians. However, we cannot verify whether a visitor is over 16. We therefore advise parents to be involved in their children’s online activities in order to prevent data about children being collected without parental consent. If you believe that we have collected personal information about a minor without that consent, please contact us via email@example.com, and we will delete this information.
Provision to third parties
The information you give to us can be provided to third parties if this is necessary for the implementation of the purposes described above.
For example, we use a third party for:
• providing your personal data to delivery services,
• maintaining the internet environment (web hosting),
• providing IT infrastructure (e.g. IT network, etc.).
We never pass on personal data to other parties with whom we have not concluded a processing agreement. We do of course make the necessary arrangements with these parties (processors) to guarantee the security of your personal data.
Otherwise, we will not pass on the information you provide to third parties, unless required and permitted by law.
We may also share personal data with third parties if you give us consent for this. You have the right to revoke this consent at any time, without prejudice to the legality of the processing for its withdrawal.
We do not provide personal data to parties established outside the EU.
How long we retain personal data
ARTUUR will not retain your personal data for longer than is strictly necessary in order to achieve the objectives for which your data is collected. We use the following retention periods for the following (categories) of personal data:
• (category) personal data > up to 5 years after last use recorded,
• individual particulars > up to 5 years after last use recorded,
• address > up to 5 years after last use recorded.
Cookies, or similar technologies, that we use
On your first visit to our website, we will have already informed you about these cookies and requested permission to place them.
You can opt out of cookies by setting your internet browser to stop storing cookies. In addition, you can also delete any information previously stored through your browser’s settings.
For an explanation, see: https://veiliginternetten.nl/themes/situatie/cookies-wat-zijn-het-en-wat-doe-ik-ermee/
On this website cookies are also placed by third parties. These include advertisers and/or social media companies.
Below is an overview:
[For example: Cookie: Google Analytics Name: _utma Function: Analytical cookie that measures website visit. Retention period: 2 years]
View, modify, or erase data
You have the right to view, correct or erase your personal data. In addition, you have the right to revoke any consent you have given for the data processing or to object to the processing of your personal data by ARTUUR and you have the right to data transferability. This means that you can submit a request to us to send the personal data that we have about you in a computer file to you or another organisation stipulated by you.
You may send a request for access, correction, erasure, transfer of your personal data or a request to withdraw your consent, or objection to the processing of your personal data to firstname.lastname@example.org
ARTUUR takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized modification. If you believe that your data is not properly protected or there are indications of misuse, please contact our customer service or via email@example.com. ARTUUR has taken the following measures to protect your personal data:
• security software, such as a virus scanner and firewall,
• TLS (formerly SSL). We send your data via a secure internet connection. This can be seen in the address bar ‘https’ and by the padlock in the address bar.
Your rights regarding your data
You are entitled to access and the right to correction or removal of the personal data we have received from you. At the top of this privacy statement is stated how you can contact us. (You can also contact us via the contact page of our website www.artuur-watches.be).
You may also object to the processing of your personal data (or part of it) by us. You also have the right to require us to transfer the data supplied by you to yourself or upon your instructions, to another party. We may ask you to verify your identity before we can respond to these requests.
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data, we ask you to contact us directly.
You always have the right to complain to the Belgian Privacy Commission, which is the supervising authority in the field of privacy protection.
Amendment of the privacy statement
ARTUUR can amend its privacy statement. We will announce any change on our website.